This project is read-only.

Does JSLintNet.MSBuild process all files on every build or does it ignore files that haven't changed?

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:17 PM
We would like to use the JSLintNet.MSBuild package for compile-time jslinting. We have a lot of javascript files in some of our apps, so one concern is performance. Is the build-time jslint able to skip processing files that haven't changed since the last build?
Oct 29, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Great question.

The short answer is that it currently scans all JavaScript files that do not match the ignore list each time.

That said, I'm proud to say it is extremely fast. One of the reasons JSLint.NET ships with V8 instead of something smaller or more convenient is that it outperforms them so handily. JSLint.NET also efficiently reuses one V8 context for an entire run, so it only needs to spin up and wind down once.

So my suggestion would be to try it and see.

I've personally used JSLint.NET over projects with nearly 1500 JavaScript files, and the performance was more than acceptable; around one second.
Oct 31, 2014 at 5:40 AM
If you do try it, please let us know how it goes.

If JSLint.NET needs some optimization (such as caching results) for larger sets of JavaScript files, we'd be happy to raise an issue for it.